Tuesday, August 7, 2012

This is a Big Deal


Decision to preparation to action takes some giant leaps. This trip has been a part of my life and thoughts for 3 months now but nothing compares to the morning of. I wake up with an energy that is electric – I can barely sit still to write this blog. Together with that sits a knot in my stomach expressing the dread of what I’ve undertaken. I realise that this is actually a big deal. Yes, another crazy idea that I’m actually putting into practice!

I can’t actually believe that the day has arrived, that this is really happening. The logistics of the things that need to get taken care of before I leave are a mere distraction from my feelings that are overwhelming.

As I sit here and write, I am filled with love and emotion for the way this journey has taken hold and I’m touched with the outpouring of love and support that I’ve experienced. My eyes fill with tears at the messages that I receive from my friends wishing me well on this journey. The prayers, quotes and words are filled with love and that is ultimately what this journey is about.

As I say see you soon – lehitraot, tot siens – I’m carrying all that love and encouragement with me and I know that this is what will get me to the summit! On those cold, lonely, exhausting days and nights I will know that you are all with me rooting for me to go further – one step at a time! Onwards and upwards my friends…



No comments:

Post a Comment